Subject: The Naming of directories in the release (floppy -> floppies)
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <bernd@mycity.at>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/20/2000 22:25:47
Hi all!

I have just fetched the NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA release and noticed that you
have renamed ".../NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.3/i386/installation/floppy/"
to ".../NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA/i386/installation/floppies/".

Please could you avoid such back and forward changes (in 1.4 it
was "floppies").  I have to change my tools with each release at
unexpected places. In contrast to the rest of the tree, the files in
"...flopp{y,ies}/" must dumped to floppies.

I don't think anyone cares about the name as long it doesn't change
every release.

Thanks
Bernd

PS.: I have a makefile (ala package tools), that mirrors a release and
build the media, is someone interest in it?