Subject: Who all is actively working in src/distrib?
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/18/2000 23:09:01
[replies to me, please, since I'm cross-posting this around quite a bit]

Subject sez it: who all is actively working in src/distrib, or plans to in
the next few months?

Now that my two big projects (1.4.2 and Anime Expo 2000) are over,
I'm bringing the architecture farm back to life and up to -current.

Initially I just want to attack the problem that all our build goo for
miniroot/ramdisk/instkern/bootfloppy/etc are crying out to be unified
and made mostly MI.

Also, the various knobs that must be turned in order to correctly size
the kernels and ramdisks ought to be sorted out as well; I've posted
previously on tech-install (around Feb/March I think) about this.

In addition, I would like to generalize the construction goo so that it
can be easily customized for applications work. This greatly reduces the
effort needed to build special-purpose install tools, and it also gives
us a better answer on the mailing lists when somebody wants to build a
self-contained kernel for their embedded application.

I have a thin client solution of my own that I would like to turn into
an example, and if others would like to create some router/firewall
setups, those would make excellent examples as well.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com