Subject: obsolete lists looking suspect.
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/19/2000 14:23:11
I'm in the middle of cleaning up my alpha, and noticed that there is a
few things that don't quite look right (to me) on the obsolete lists.
For example:

	alpha:distrib/sets/lists 36> grep /usr/lib/libm_pic.a */*.*

	base/obsolete.alpha:/usr/lib/libm_pic.a
	comp/obsolete.mi:/usr/lib/libm_pic.a
	comp/shl.mi:./usr/lib/libm_pic.a                comp-c-piclib

	alpha:distrib/sets/lists 37> grep usr/lib/crtend.o */*.*

	base/obsolete.alpha:/usr/lib/crtend.o
	comp/shl.elf:./usr/lib/crtend.o         comp-c-lib

I suspect that in the past, /usr/lib/libm_pic.a and /usr/lib/crtend.o
may have been in the base set for alpha, and have since migrated to the
comp set.  To my way of thinking, nothing that appears in any current
set should appear in any other set's obsolete list, correct?

Simon.