Subject: Re: boot selector problem.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Alan C. Horn <deorth@mono.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/18/2000 15:14:26

> If you have a second disk recognised by the BIOS (that means you need to have
> a bios for your SCSI adapter) then mbr_bootsel should propose you to boot
> from the second disk (you may have to configure it with 'fdisk -B' for this).

Well, it kind of worked, fdisk -B only saw the partition table on the
first (wd0) disk.

But when asked to select a default device, it gave me options like
'HardDisk 1', 'HardDisk 2' etc..

Select harddisk 1 as the default mean that if I hit no key at the
bootselector, it would fall through to netbsd.

This seems less than optimal and non-intuitive, but it works fine for my
purposes :)

Thanks for the help !

Cheers,

Al