Subject: boot selector problem.
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Alan C. Horn <deorth@mono.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/18/2000 01:57:31
I would like to use the netbsd mbr_bootsel bootselector code to select
between NetBSD and windows.

The windows OS is on wd0, and the NetBSD OS is on sd0.

Installing mbr_bootsel on wd0 results in only being able to boot windows
as far as I can see. Is there any way to install mbr_bootsel on wd0 and
have it take options to boot from either disks partitions ?

I do not want to use os-bs although I know this works. This is part of a
larger problem I am trying to resolve, with multiple OSes and partitions
on wd0, and netbsd on sd0. os-bs does not see the multiple OSes in any
sane fashion. It's probably an issue with the underlying windows OSes
rather than the bootselector tool itself :)

I'm not on the list, so please Cc: me on replies.

Cheers,

Al