Subject: Re: 1.4.2 again (fwd)
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/27/2000 15:11:02
On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 04:22:43AM -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > There's still no easy hook to make the security set. I've withheld my
> > patches to that effect on the hope that the whole thing would just go
> > away. Are we going to be stuck with having to do two builds for 1.5?
>
> Unfortunately I think we will. Crypto policy isn't relaxed enough yet;
> 3rd party vendors need the secr binaries separated out just like they
> need the GNU sources separated out.

That only goes for commericial products or anything requiring a
"licensing fee". Which means that we don't have to do it. Although
for people who want to sell products based on NetBSD and want to
export them, it would be convenient to have hooks to leave the
crypto code out.

In any case, this should not stop us from merging the crypto-us
and crypto-intl repositories.

For 1.5, it's very likely too late to do this, so we will be
stuck with 2 builds.

- Frank