Subject: Re: Install script
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp_NOSPAM@wanadoo.fr>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/27/2000 05:28:36
"Eric Delcamp" wrote:

> Hi !

Hi Eric,

I'm sending my reply to the tech-install list as well.

> -2- Why the hell, when installing from FTP, do you ping the gateway ? The
> ping should be only on the DNS or the FTP site, but NOT THE GATEWAY. If you
> have a firewall/gateway and declare it hidden in both side, ping failed. Bad
> thing. Maybe a question before doing this ?

Basically we need a way of determining if the network is actually
working and pinging the gateway has been mostly reasonable.  Without
looking, I believe there's a PR about this behaviour.  Maybe you could
submit one if there's not - having two PRs about a problem is better
than having none at all.

Simon.