Subject: Re: 1.4.2 again (fwd)
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/26/2000 10:01:42
On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> >  for s in ../*.tgz; do split -b235k $s `basename $s tgz`; done
> >
> > Maybe by the time 1.5 comes out, in a few months, floppies will be
> > perfectly obsolete, so we can agree to skip them. :-)
>
> Not likely, so I would vote for the above rule being added to "make release"
> -- something that should have been done already, IMHO.

I went ahead and put it in before forgetting all about it. I noticed
now that none of the current snapshots have splits, so maybe we should
make this optional?

There's still no easy hook to make the security set. I've withheld my
patches to that effect on the hope that the whole thing would just go
away. Are we going to be stuck with having to do two builds for 1.5?