Subject: DEC3000/700
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Guddat <tobias.guddat@rhein-main.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/26/2000 23:18:50
Hi,

I try to install Netbsd 1.4.1 on a DEC3000-M700 machine.

I have one CDROM containig netbsd.gz and cdhdtape
(bootable) and one containing the *.tgz packages (not bootable).

Starting the installation from cdrom is no problem (boot dka400).
Sysinst is started, the disk is partitioned and the bootkernel works
fine. Then I want to install the packages. Therefore I change
the CDROM and choose install-medium=" cdrom" in sysinst.
"device = cd0"; the directory is correct.
But sysinst can't find the packages.

My questions:
Is the device name for the first scsi-cdrom correct (I tried many
variations)?
 Is there a way two burn all files on one CDROM (bootable)?
How?
Is there another solution?

Thank you!

Tobias Guddat