Subject: rsync'd repository has stale -rnetbsd-1-4 ??
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/12/2000 06:15:29
Repository gurus:

I checked out -rnetbsd-1-4 -D 20000110-UTC from both anoncvs and a local
repository rsync'd from the public one about 10 hours after the checkout
-D time (this includes timezone skew).

I am hoping to use my rsync'd repository to do time-traveling on -rnetbsd-1-4
without going direct to anoncvs. I ran a diff -r of the two 'src' directories
and got many more diffs than I expected, however. The file 5.5 megs, .5 gz'd:

ftp://ftp.toddpw.org/repo-diff.gz

The anoncvs checkout is on the left (relsource/20000110-rnetbsd-1-4/src) and
the local repository checkout is on the right (snap/...).

I expected to see CVSROOT differences and crypto/exportable differences,
but there appear to be lots of real version differences... am I somehow
getting really confused here or is the public rsync'able repository not
tracking the 1.4 release branch very well?

Did I try the same experiment with -current? Oops, not yet, I'll do that
in a bit. I expect that to work however; I've been tracking -current with
an rsync'd repository for months now, and expected changes appear regularly.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com