Subject: Re: Are xsrc/pkgsrc on -rnetbsd-1-4 ?
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/11/2000 03:12:31
> snapshots, you should use -A. This has all the updates and bug fixes
> from the last eight months, plus that's going to be pretty close to
> what will be the netbsd-1-4-PATCH002 tag.
> Likewise, if you're comtemplating a bulk build of pkgsrc, you would
> also use the latest sources for that.

Ah. That clears up a lot of confusion. Silly me, I thought the formal
branch thing applied to all sources for a given release without exception.

Turns out I ended up with a complete set of everything dated midnight
20000110-UTC, by doing more than one checkout. I'm set for a while.

(All those machines that ground out 19991223 snaps have now been rolled
back to 1.4{,.1} to do 1.4.2_ALPHA work.)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com