Subject: Re: Are xsrc/pkgsrc on -rnetbsd-1-4 ?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/10/2000 23:58:05
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> > On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > > Shouldn't xsrc and pkgsrc have -rnetbsd-1-4 versions? If not, how the heck
> > > do we decide which of those sources to build for a release?
> >
> > xsrc and pkgsrc don't get branched, only tagged for releases.
> > Latest you can get there is for 1.4.1 (using the netbsd-1-4-PATCH001 tag).
>
> Thanks, it looks like -rnetbsd-1-4-PATCH001 is what I needed.

That's for re-building the 1.4.1 release. If you're doing release
snapshots, you should use -A. This has all the updates and bug fixes
from the last eight months, plus that's going to be pretty close to
what will be the netbsd-1-4-PATCH002 tag. If there _are_ any
incompatablities, they need to be detected now, before the tag.

Likewise, if you're comtemplating a bulk build of pkgsrc, you would
also use the latest sources for that.