Subject: Re: IPv6 support in install floppy
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/04/2000 17:39:01
>	I would like to commit changes to support IPv6 transport in install
>	floppy (query DNS over IPv6, grab tar.gz over IPv6 ftp).
>	This is basically an integration of work done by Ichiro Fukuhara
>	<ichiro@ichiro.org> for KAME/NetBSD141.  The boot floppy will:
>	- ask user if he wants IPv6 connectivity, and if he said yes,
>	  tries to autoconfigure itself as IPv6 host
>	  (you do not need to type IPv6 address of the host, nor router)
>	- let you pick IPv6 DNS server from famous ones, or let you type that
>	  in.  as IPv6 addresses are harder to remember I thought this is a
>	  good thing to add.  this may be hard to maintain the list of DNS
>	  servers, though.

	committed the change.  to enable IPv6 support in other architectures,
	please perform the following changes:
	1. add "optins INET6" to kernel configuration
	   (like sys/arch/i386/conf/INSTALL
	2. add "-DINET6" into distrib/utils/arch/something/Makefile to enable
	   IPv6 autoconf support
	3. bring in x_ping6 and rtsol into ramdisk packaging
	and it should do the trick.

itojun