Subject: Re: pkgsrc install of ssh
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Zylstra <ezylstra@cider2.uchicago.edu>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/13/1999 15:52:42
With some very brief advice regarding creation of a mk.conf file, I
have successfully continued with my installation of ssh.  I have run
into another (certainly simple to fix) problem.  I now am getting an
error message as follows:
This package is legal for use only within the United States.
You must set the variable USA_RESIDENT  to YES to enable
use of the rsaref package.

That is all well and good.  I understand the restrictions surrounding
rsa.  Unfortunately the message doesn't say where (how or what) to
define this variable USA_RESIDENT.  It doesn't appear in the mk.conf
file.  Is it merely a shell variable to be put in a .login file or
the like?

Further advise is appreciated.

Eric Zylstra
ericz@ccp.uchicago.edu