Subject: [Q] 1.4 installation [newbie, first post]
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Vladislav <reason@shadow.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/12/1999 16:45:21
Hi All,

I tried to install 1.4 from the cd I burned using 1.4 ISO image (link is
from the netBsd's web page)

my hardware:
5x86 AMD
20MB of Ram
200MB IDE disk

And the installation itself went OK, then when I rebooted and got to the
prompt asking what shell should we use (<ENTER> for sh)
or something like that

I was not able to type anything, it is like my keyboard was totaly disabled (in
fact I could not even enable NumLock)

My keyboard is just a year old, and it works fine (in fact during the reboot
process I coud type
boot  /dev/wd1:netbsd  (or something similar)

What may be the problem?

Also while I am at it, I read that it is suggested to upgrade to 1.4.1
Is it necessary really necessary for i386 architecture?
I did read the Changes file, but because it just some source code
diffs, I could not really comprehend what I would be missing important by not
upgrading (this is not a production system that I have, just to learn type of
thing).
May be I must ugprade because that installation problem I am describing
is fixed?

Thanks in advance for any info
Vladislav