Subject: Re: default /usr partition
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/18/1999 12:33:35
Wolfgang Rupprecht <> writes:
> I don't use vi, so I may well be missing something, but is the mail
> that /etc/rc sends upon reboot really important?

I don't know that's it's "Really Important," but it's certainly
something people may have gotten used to.

> Could it be deferred
> until the user logs in the next time and run out of a global (or
> user-specific) shell .rc file?

Then you need to do shell hacks for each of the possible shells that
might be installed as a login shell (or i suppose you could hack
login)...  that seems less than desirable.

Chris Demetriou - -