Subject: default /usr partition
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/16/1999 14:16:06
        The current letters used for /usr in sysinst are:

            D: alpha pmax vax x68k
            E: arm32 bebox i386 pc532
            G: macppc sparc
            ?: mac68k (uses MacOS partitions - may be 'G')

        It would be nice if we could try to move towards some recommended
        value where possible. Since sysinst currently either leaves
        everything alone (upgrade) or blows everything away and starts
	from scratch (install), it shouldn't be _too_ disruptive.

        I've favour 'D' on the grounds its the next available partition,
        and the i386 'd' braindamage should go away eventually :)

        What do people think?

		David/absolute

             -=-  Sue me, screw me, walk right through me  -=-