Subject: NetBSD 1.4.1
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: None <gkm@pobox.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/08/1999 19:22:44
I'm sitting here on a 1.3.3 system right now, hoping to upgrade to
1.4.x sometime soon.  With hopes of getting atleast another of my
machines here setup to track -current.  My problem is that I've
been repeatedly told that 1.4 has some stability issues, and that I
can't simply toss in the i386 boot floppy and use `sysinst' to upgrade.
I've already been told that 1.4.1 would be dealing with a lot of
these issues.

So, I guess my question is, when will we see a full 1.4.1 release?
It's really a little startling that we're seeing major releases, and
then many of us are watching and waiting for minor releases to fix
what appear to be somewhat major issues.  I have to admit that once
1.4.1 releases I'll be waiting a day or two to see if the installer
blows away peoples machines as they attempt to upgrade. :-(

glen