Subject: URGENT: sysinst hanging on children - fix
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org, cgd@netbsd.org, releng@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/14/1999 09:55:22
	I've just checked in rev 1.24 of distrib/utils/sysinst/run.c
	which fixes the bug that caused launch_subwin() to sometimes
	hang in wait4() after a child had exited.

	Basically if the first call to wait4() caught the child
	exiting the system lost in one of those infinite loop deals.
	The fix is just remove the first call to wait4().

	Looking at the code (once you have worked out what is happening
	:), the fix looks reasonably obvious and safe, but it is really
	against the wall for a pullup request for 1.4.1, so I'd be
	particularly grateful if people could take a look and reassure
	releng (or not :)

		David/absolute

	"Shall I be tempted by the devil thus?"
	"Yes, if the devil tempt you to do good..."