Subject: Sysinst
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/08/1999 13:12:43
Has anyone considered having sysinst make devices earlier in the
installation?  I had an installation go south partway through one of the
packages, but I was unable to boot off the disk to repair anything due
to the lack of a populated /dev--mainly for the lack of /dev/console...

Would it be possible to make devices right after making / bootable?

I know nothing about sysinst except for having used it a couple of times,
so please forgive me if this is more complicated than it seems...

BTW, it's looking a lot better these days.  Many thanks to everyone
who has worked on it!

Thanks,
-allen