Subject: Re: Default filesystem sizes
To: (Chris G. Demetriou) <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/21/1999 23:47:57
On 22-Jun-99 Chris G. Demetriou spoke unto us all:
#  Every change I've made to sysinst so far has been in response to a
#  specific problem i've seen, and i've tested the results fairly
#  thoroughly before and after.

On this note, I'd like to say.. that changes to sysinst, that need to be pulled
up.. should be verified on at *least* 2-3 platforms.  Sysinst is the one part
of the system we absolutely cannot afford to screw up.  Thats our first line of
contact with the user.

I would even go as far to say that releng should make sysinst a mandatory
testing item before a release, and that serious bugs should delay any release
cycle.

This is all IMHO of course.. but I think the SIGFPE stuff in 1.4 is a complete
fiasco, and makes us look terrible.  I'd also like to publicly thank Chris for
taking the time to fix that, and other important glitches.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org