Subject: Re: md_copy_filesystem considered harmful.
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/19/1999 20:27:23
Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU> writes:
> I would very much like to keep this ability around, though having it as
> some kind of option would be fine.   Having to grunge about manually copying
> the files (and attempting to remember to do everything that needs doing)
> isn't an attractive alternative.

Hmm.  Interesting.

Well, yeah, OK, somebody should probably make it an option, but out of
the 'normal' install path.  It's been noted previously that the
utility menu should be capable of doing more things, i think this
would be one of them.

Really, the way sysinst works right now... isn't so good...

cgd