Subject: Re: disklabel(8) UI (was Re: IBM DFHS-31080 SCSI drive problem)
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/21/1999 16:34:12
>as other people have said, scheme is a lisp variant.  i'd recommend
>finding a copy of "the little schemer".  here' the first pointer i can
>find:
>
>http://www.cs.rice.edu/~matthias/TLS/
>
>matthias is one of the authors.  the book used to be called "the little
>lisper", i think, and a copy of that might serve as well.

i found (and bought) both about a year ago at my local borders book
store.  there are probably still a few copies of each still there.
not that you should go there to get them...they should be in other
places as well.  and also "the seasoned schemer".

fwiw - i've read both (the first one more than thrice) and understood
them, but don't really feel that much closer to it.  something about
not getting my teeth into the language leaves me on the outside.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|