Subject: Re: disklabel(8) UI (was Re: IBM DFHS-31080 SCSI drive problem)
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/21/1999 10:34:29
Simon Burge wrote:

> First question - "what's scheme"?  It's a scripting language.  That's
> all I know of it.  A quick look at www.scheme.org doesn't show any
> "here's a scheme primer in 15 minutes" - I hope the learning curve is
> not too high, or I'll be writing some pretty simple scheme and some
> complex C "hard stuff" :-)  Can you point me towards any resources?

as other people have said, scheme is a lisp variant.  i'd recommend
finding a copy of "the little schemer".  here' the first pointer i can
find:

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~matthias/TLS/

matthias is one of the authors.  the book used to be called "the little
lisper", i think, and a copy of that might serve as well.

later.

colin