Subject: Re: disklabel(8) UI (was Re: IBM DFHS-31080 SCSI drive problem)
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/19/1999 12:06:38
"Perry E. Metzger" wrote:

> Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net> writes:
> > I'm currently working on a curses-based disklabel program now.. The
> > idea is to be somewhat of a cross between solaris format, and AIX
> > smit..
>
> ew! SMIT!
>
> Anyway, I've done a bit of a prototype of one of these things already,
> as part of the work I'm doing on re-writing sysinst. I may go through
> with re-doing it anyway.

I'm still a few days off sending a couple of ideas to this list about
what to do with sysinst, but we obviously don't want three different
people doing three different things to the same part of the program.

Perry - what are you working towards?  This is where again I'll say
that I'm very impressed with the terminal-based Solaris install and
was planning on pincing many ideas from there.

It's good to see some interest in making sysinst better!

Simon.