Subject: Re: disklabel(8) UI (was Re: IBM DFHS-31080 SCSI drive problem)
To: Andy Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/17/1999 09:30:23
Andy Doran wrote:

> Folks,
> This was mentioned (maybe on -developers) a while back, but I've lost
> track of the situation. Has there been any movement on dragging
> disklabel(8) into C21 by providing a curses based interface?

In the next couple of days I was going to send something to tech-install
about making a better disklabel editor for sysinst, but also something
that could handle multiple disks.

Hopefully sysinst will get to the stage where it's a useful program on
an installed system as well (adding new packages, (re)configuring system
config files) - maybe it would be good enough to keep disklabel(8) and
use sysinst for more complex tasks.  Of the top of my head, making
something that can handle multiple disks as a standalone program seems
like overkill and would probably make integration with sysinst harder,
but I'm open to ideas...

Simon.