Subject: Re: Usage of "obsolete" lists
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/23/1999 22:04:13
On Apr 23, Simon Burge wrote
> A quick question about the "obsolete" lists - how are they built?  A
> look through all of src/distrib didn't turn up anything useful.  I'm
> assuming that we want to autobuild them somehow (by adding an extra
> arg to makeflist?) that sysinst then reads.

The obsolete lists built in src/distrib/sets/lists/* are maintained by hand.
I can't see how to get this rigth automatically. Addihng files to them
when they are deleted from the corresponding set list is really not
much work, this doesn't happen often.
The files used by sysinst should be generated from these (concatenation
of the mi and md files), but for now I built them by hand. Automatically
building them should not be hard, but I miss a few pieces at the place I am
currently.

> Also, I'm guessing that we don't want to remove older versions of
> shared libraries and the like...

Sure. Hum, wait a minute ... We should be able to delete older shared libs
with the same major number without troubles. And whe have compat_xxx packages
now, maybe we could delete the shared libs that are in a package ?