Subject: internal sysinst error status handling
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/23/1999 11:46:51
Folks,

I'd like to change all the routines in sysinst that return an error
status to something else to return values like SI_ERROR and SI_OK (or
other names if anyone can think of something better).  There's some
cases where a parent routine expects 0 for OK and non-zero for failure,
some where 1 of OK, etc.  This makes life a little hard sometimes!

In light of the extreme closeness of the 1.4 code freeze, I was planning
to do this after 1.4 shipped and then get all the changes pulled up to
the 1.4 branch for inclusion in a possible 1.4.1 release.

Anyone have any problems with this plan?

Simon.