Subject: Re: RCS lines in set lists files?
To: None <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: John Darrow <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/06/1999 20:30:27
In article <199904062335.JAA06679@balrog.supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au> you write:
>Are there any big objections to adding a
>
>	#	$NetBSD$
>
>line to the start of each set file and changing the last line of
>makeflist from:
>
>	done | sort -u
>
>to:
>
>	done | egrep -v '^#[[:space:]]*\$NetBSD' | sort -u
>
>Simon.

How about simply "egrep -v '^#'"?  We might want to add things other than
just an RCS ID to the list files, such as miscellaneous comments.  Also,
at the moment the lists are hand-edited, but (as they continue to get
larger) we might want to, at some point, set up some way to generate them,
which would probably lead to a 'generated from' tag of some sort.
At the moment, I don't see much of a chance of having files/directories
starting with '#' in the lists.

jdarrow

--
John Darrow
Computing Services, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL