Subject: Re: sysinst and mbr's
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/04/1999 18:06:34
Earlier today, I wrote:

> A quickie that someone might be able to shed some light on before I get
> a chance to look at it:
>
> sysinst's defs.h provides the following prototype:
>
> 	void    disp_cur_part __P((struct mbr_partition *, int, int));
>
> What are ports that don't have mbr's intented to do?  I'll get to this
> later today if I don't hear anything...

There seems to be two ways around this, both protecting
the disp_cur_part prototype:

 + Define SYSINST_USE_MBR or somesuch in each mbr-using ports arch
   Makefile (tested)

 + Check a define that's in sys/disklabel_mbr.h such as MBR_MAGIC
   (untested, but sys/disklabel_mbr.h must have been included earlier
   if struct mbr_partition is being referenced)

Preferences either way?

Simon.