Subject: RE: tar & install
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/22/1999 23:26:37
On 23-Jan-99 Simon Burge spoke unto us all:
#  That version of pdtar doesn't have the --one-file-system or -C options
#  that sysinst uses.  The -C can be removed from sysinst by "( cd rahrah;
#  tar ...)", and the --one-file-system option can't be too hard to add.

The remnants of the --one-file-system and -C options used in three of sysinst's
arches were an accident of my commit.. I missed those three changes.  They have
been replaced with the proper pax command (and the pipe was eliminated).

As for any scripts that use the old tar..  I can back out the
change to ramdiskbin.conf and have both, but I'll also be willing to just fix
the scripts to do the right thing with pax.

Tim Rightnour  -
Free Multi-Platform Operating System:
NetBSD Mailing lists on the web: