Subject: Re: i386 floppy no longer fits
To: perry@piermont.com, Marc Horowitz <marc@mit.edu>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/05/1999 23:32:10
On Jan 5,  9:45am, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
} Marc Horowitz <marc@mit.edu> writes:
} > I just tried building an i386 bootfloppy for -current, and it runs out
} > of space running installboot :-(
}
} That's why Havard built the tools to adapt ustarfs from the Alpha port
} -- so that we can do multi-floppy boots now. The problem is that it
} isn't clear if this is the "right" long term solution because it won't
} work well with boot-from-CD....

     I think the best approach is to see if the boot floppy can be
trimmed so that it fits on one floppy again.  I really like the single
boot disk.

}-- End of excerpt from "Perry E. Metzger"