Subject: Re: Diskless install on a SPARCstation 330
To: Lyndon Griffin <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/27/1998 14:03:42
Lyndon,

I have a Sparc Station 330 that I tried to netboot sometime ago (about 6
months). I have checked my notes from the work I did and curiously you are
having the exact same problem that I had at the time.  The bad part is
after a month or so of working with it I abandoned the project. When I
would turn the machine on all tests would come back "OK" which made me
believe that the hardware was alright, later on I purchased a second cpu
board because I could not make the first one work  past what you have done
here.  Sad thing is purchasing the second cpu board only confirmed that the
problem is with the software and not the hardware.  Many on the list have
said that the "M" series should work but I have my doubts (maybe a eprom
revision conflict).  If you manage to get it working please post EXACTLY
how you did it!

Rick