Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages (LONG)
To: Robert V. Baron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <email@example.com>
Date: 10/02/1998 11:01:42
On 2 Oct 1998, Robert V. Baron wrote:
* Gandhi woulda smacked you <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
* > "Plenitude of disk space, affordability of RAM and cheapness of CPU
* > speed are not excuses for shoddy programming or abuse of resources."
* Yes. On the otherhand, let's go back to the big picture. If there
* are a lot of platforms that are disk poor, maybe we want to revise
* the system so that you can directly execute compressed binary images.
Gandhi _woulda_ smacked you. :-)
But I guess we're stuck in the "Well, you're fucked" loop at this point:
- If you execute comp'd images, you lose at run time.
- If you don't comp the images, you lose at install time.
I guess we've finally hit the point of no return.
Friends don't let friends use Microsoft.