Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages (LONG)
To: Robert V. Baron <>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/02/1998 11:01:42
On 2 Oct 1998, Robert V. Baron wrote:

 * Gandhi woulda smacked you <> writes:
 * > "Plenitude of disk space, affordability of RAM and cheapness of CPU
 * > speed are not excuses for shoddy programming or abuse of resources."
 * Yes.  On the otherhand, let's go back to the big picture.  If there
 * are a lot of platforms that are disk poor, maybe we want to revise
 * the system so that you can directly execute compressed binary images.

Gandhi _woulda_ smacked you. :-)

But I guess we're stuck in the "Well, you're fucked" loop at this point:
	- If you execute comp'd images, you lose at run time.
	- If you don't comp the images, you lose at install time.

I guess we've finally hit the point of no return.

Friends don't let friends use Microsoft.