Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/01/1998 00:17:45
>Well, so far I've only seen you cite you some consensus that some
>developers came to somewhen, but I wonder why the same developers don't
>seem to care enought to aid to this discussion again

hubert,

If you missed the discussion, then Please go check the archives.  I
dont like people insinuating i'm being dishonest.

>- well, probably it's
>really not worth it.

Perhaps not. few people seem willing to work on sysinst,
its a thankles task.

> Plus, you were not able to tell me any pressing
>problems for the "copies" approach so gar - no, sorting for a number of
>floppies isn't one (man tsort).

Go check the archives again.  Who says you even have a tsort on the
box you're staging install sets onto?  it might be a dos box.  or even
that you have pkg tools to extract the dependency list?

>But if you want to go the "copies" way, that's fine with me - I don't care
>enough if it works for now.

I'm not just reporting on the consensus, I'm suggesting that the pkg
tools should understand pkgsets _too_.  Unless you can come up with a
compelling reason why they shouldn't.

If you dont want to have any input into that, go right ahead.