Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages (LONG)
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/30/1998 19:14:44
On 30-Sep-98 Hubert Feyrer spoke unto us all:
#  Yup, you're right... maybe we could add an option to pkg_delete to go
#  recursively down for all depending pkgs, and nuke them unless they're
#  needed by something else (bottom up, probably).

For example.. If I smoke perl, I should be able to specify -R and blast
everything that depends on perl.  I doubt you want to go in the other direction.

#  Please note that there's nothing special about the pkgs in "meta-pkgs" -
#  these are just normal pkgs that do have other packages as dependencies
#  (which may in turn depend on others again ...). Maybe we should clarify
#  what we're talking about first. .-)

meta-pkgs are good, assuming they work.  I'm not convinced ours really do,
because they dont pkg_delete recursively.

Tim Rightnour  -
Free Multi-Platform Operating System:
Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today!