Subject: Re: i386 install without BIOS partition
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/27/1998 18:15:17
I always use BIOS BOOT PARTITIONS.  I'm pretty sure that I've run
into the same sort of problem.  I typically use boot floppies from
-current, to install 1.3 systems.  There was a period there when
that wouldn't work and I had to do a installboot once the 1.3
/usr/mdec was copied onto the disk.

Now there was a time that installboot was broken and did not work with
-current even.  But I'm pretty sure that was fixed.