Subject: Re: i386 booting, take 2
To: None <root@ihack.net>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/22/1998 16:49:02
> > Hmm, I thought I had proposed something that would have improved the
> > situation a bit, too.  Maybe, your proposal improves it on more machines
> > than mine, but nonetheless...
>
> So, I just reread all of your mail in this thread, and *nowhere* did
> you suggest a mechanism for mapping BIOS geometries to real disks
> (which is what we're talking about here).

Hmm, _technically_ :-) speaking, you are correct.  The mail was in another
thread and on another of the NetBSD mailing lists.  But up until now, I was
pretty sure that you read this other list, too...

And from another of your mails:

> I didn't specify that.  If I have to work out all the details, then I
> might as well do it myself.  (Indeed, it looks like I may have to
> anyway...)

If you wouldn't do your best to actively drive people away from doing
something, maybe, more people would be prepared to do some work...

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800