Subject: Re: sysinstall "local" tarball
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/18/1998 23:30:31
> You're taking me a little too literally.

Yes and no.

> You'd still have to select the region of the disk you wanted to use,
> but once that is done, the install just goes.

Well and for someone with an entire new computer, who just wants
NetBSD everywhere, it would be ok to just say 'go'

Btw: at the point where sysinst asks on what disk [wd0 sd0 sd1] one
wants NetBSD installed, it would be nice if it would print that e.g.
wd0 is that old 40MB Seagate and sd0 is bla bla. At least some users
do not watch the kernel messages when the install kernel boots and
thus can't really tell the difference between the installed disks.
--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
Wir haben von "Newsreader" gesprochen, nicht von "Webbrowser".