Subject: Re: sysinstall changes
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/17/1998 22:35:22
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> writes:

> So, when the user says "I want to use 2G for my NetBSD partition" grab
> 2G of the disk, rounded as needed.
Here's the slippery slope.  99% of the time I don't care what is going
on and I don't care about rounding slop.  So you can default anyway
you want for rounding.  But I can imagine that you really want NetBSD
to be at an exact place on the disk down to the C/H/S spec.  How do
you get both options?

I also have an idea.  Have modes of operation for sysinst:
	really niave
	ordinary
	expert
So in this case, the expert gets no rounding, the ordinary gets it,
and the naive might not even see this question, because we choose
an installation schema for him.