Subject: Re: sysinstall "local" tarball
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/17/1998 21:34:03
On Sep 17, Hubert Feyrer wrote

> On 16 Sep 1998, Michael Graff wrote:
> > Would anyone else find a way for sysinst to look for a tar file that
> > contains "local" changes, and unpack that tarball last, on new machine
> > installation?
>
> Cool, and maybe also look for some local.sh shell script, and execute it,
> to do more post-installation magic.
>
> And for getting network parameters, it would be really nice if there was
> an option to retrieve them via dhcp/bootp from th eboot floppy.

And also a way to have most default configurable (I'm thinking about
ftp or nfs servers or path here).
Of course the ram disk is not a good place, it's to hard to put an extra
file on it. Perhaps on the floppy, along with netbsd.gz ?
Maybe it's possible to get this file from dhcp ?
This means that the dhcp client should send an option in its querry,
allowing the server to know it's a NetBSD install.