Subject: Re: sysinstall "local" tarball
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/17/1998 14:27:08
Michael Graff wrote:
|Ideally, dropping a NetBSD CDROM into a drive, turning on the power,
|and waiting should be supported.  That is, no human intervention, if
|the site has enough local file/local.sh magic.

At first, this sounded cool. But

- I think this can't be supported for all plattfroms on one CD ROM
- You don't want people come around with a CD, turn power on and all your
data is lost. I'd expect either to tell the system to go on without asking
by a command line switch or after one or two times asking if I'm sure.

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
"The basic notion underlying USENET is the flame." -- Chuq Von Rospach