Subject: Re: sysinst maintainer?
To: Hubert Feyrer <feh39068@rrzc6.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/19/1998 14:51:33
On 19-Aug-98 Hubert Feyrer spoke unto us all:
#
#  On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:
# > #3 take a look at some post-install uses of sysinst.. such as disklabel
# > twiddling and basic admin tasks.. (possibly opening the door for future use
# > with packages)
#
#  (Are you on developers@netbsd.org?)

No... Not yet at least.. ;)

#  I've modified our install-docs into machine-dependent install and
#  machine-independent "what do do on first reboot e.g. if rc screams for
#  rc.conf not configured"-postinstall steps. Maybe the steps mentioned in
#  this postboot-file (yet to be committed, i'm still halfways on holidays
#  X-) should be done by some 2nd stage/postinstall program.

After reading the last archives for this group It occurred to me last night
that making a question and answer session with sysinst might not be that hard..
especially with those nifty dynamic menus. Meaning..  I could probably get it
to emit rc.conf with some fiddle..

However.. one thing at a time here..  I'm getting ahead of myself..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html