Subject: Re: sysinst maintainer?
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feh39068@rrzc6.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/19/1998 18:31:20
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> #3 take a look at some post-install uses of sysinst.. such as disklabel
> twiddling and basic admin tasks.. (possibly opening the door for future use
> with packages)

(Are you on developers@netbsd.org?)
I've modified our install-docs into machine-dependent install and
machine-independent "what do do on first reboot e.g. if rc screams for
rc.conf not configured"-postinstall steps. Maybe the steps mentioned in
this postboot-file (yet to be committed, i'm still halfways on holidays
X-) should be done by some 2nd stage/postinstall program.

(Just my $0.02, I won't be doing any coding for this, sorry :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>