Subject: Re: sysinst maintainer?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/19/1998 06:13:03
Well.. here's my proposed API for the run_prog_or_continue and friends
functions:

current API:
run_prog_or_continue(char *cmd, ...);

New:
run_prog_or_continue(int show, char *cmd, ...);

run_xy_prog_or_continue(int show, int lines,int cols,int x, int y, char
*cmd, ...);

where the xy version would allow you to specify it's location on the screen.
run_prog_or_continue would just be a wrapper function specifying a full size
screen.

I think you are right.. I may need to run out and buy a floppy drive and kiss
alhena goodbye for a few days while I'm fidgeting here..  Though in the mean
time I'm going to add some debug flags in to run things like newfs with a -N.

Either way..  I have no problem with you taking over sysinst, or whatever..  I
just want to add my two cents worth of code in there..  ;)

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html