Subject: Re: sysinst maintainer?
To: None <root@garbled.net>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@steelhead.cs.wwu.edu>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/18/1998 09:36:45
>        va_start(ap, cmd);
>        execstr = va_prog_cmdstr(cmd, ap);
>        ret = do_system(execstr);
>        va_end(ap);
>... with changes ...

I like your changes.  We might add an additional fixed parameter that
says to display the subwindow or don't display the sub window.  In
both cases, we could log all interaction to a file so future questions
of "sysinst blew up ...", we could ask for the log file.  And that
would be a good place build a script file to redo the install.  I'm
not sure, but I *think* all the install work is run through the sub-process
commands.  That is, if one reran all the same programs with the same
parameters, one would get an identical installation.  (The only things
that might not be done this way are files that get written to /etc (/mnt/etc)
and they could be added to the script file by approiate calls to echo.)

--
Phil Nelson
phil@steelhead.cs.wwu.edu (NetBSD/pc532 machine)