Subject: Re: sysinst maintainer?
To: None <perry@piermont.com, root@garbled.net>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/17/1998 12:19:04
> From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
>

> Tim Rightnour writes:
> > I've got a block of time coming up in the next week or two.. and was planning
> > on taking a crack at fixing some of the UI problems I've noted in sysinst..
> > (curses stuff.. not going to fiddle with any of the install logic)
>
> > My question is.. who is the sysinst maintainer, so I can
> > clear/coordinate some of this work with him.. as to avoid toe
> > stepping?
>
> Technically Phil is, but I don't think he does any work on it these
> days.
>
> A number of people have talked about doing work on sysinst recently,
> though. I suggest that everyone just discuss what they are planning on
> doing right here...

Right, perry@netbsd.org sponsored sysinst and phil@netbsd.org was the
original author, but the program is completely homeless right now. Various
portmasters have banged on it (e.g., fvdl@netbsd.org) and jonathan@netbsd.org
did a bunch of work, but it's not really identified with any one person
right now.

Most recently, Todd Whitesel (toddpw@best.com) has been planning some
improvements, and I was going to handle checking in his changes, but he
hasn't started yet AFAIK. I can volunteer to coordinate source code
changes by Todd and Tim (but not others, sorry)...and this list is where
design proposals are discussed...so have fun!