Subject: Re: post-install
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/03/1998 07:41:24
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Simon Burge wrote:
> I believe you should be able to configure your system before the
> reboot.  This would mean either that sysinst does all the work, or that
> a separate program called by sysinst before the reboot would do the

If there's such a program (sysconf - nice name :) then it's easily
possible to do the configuration before the first reboot. As we don't have
this program yet and I doubt it will pop up soon, other measures have to
be taken. I.e. manual configuration for now. And for that, having the
system in a known state is necessary, which again we only have after the
first reboot when root's == /.

Anyways, IMHO doing this reboot shouldn't hurt too much - or am I missing
something? (I know of some other OS that boots ~3 times during it's
installation until it's done)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>