Subject: Re: Difference
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Andrew Brown <warfare@graffiti.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/27/1996 07:12:29
okay...now i'm confused...which version of netbsd are we talking about
here?  today's?  or yesteryear's?  because on "Tue, 08 Oct 1996 12:40:59"

>Jenny Matheson writes:
>> I'm sorry but i'm new here so If this isn't the ocrrect lsit to ask
>> please let me know, my BSD box is only a few hours old.

and you wrote

>Which version of NetBSD did you install? What port (we run on 17
>different kinds of machines from i386 to Alphas) did this happen on?

and then on "Sat, 26 Oct 1996 16:07:44"

>danielh@oiapoque.bol.com.br writes:
>> What is the difference between linux and net bsd? I know that this is
>> a stupid question, but i have to know because the linux is so much
>> easier to install that i am changing my mind about the bsd advantage.

and then you wrote

>First, which port are you talking about? NetBSD runs on something like
>15 different architectures.

and i just looked and i think it's 18 (okay, my current is about a week
old) different architectures.  surely the architecture count would be
more or less monotonically increasing?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet