Subject: Re: problems with terminal settings in X
To: None <jenny@hedington.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/08/1996 13:19:19
>Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 10:31:45 +0100
>From: Jenny Matheson <jenny@hedington.com>

>Problem: xterm seems to print tabs instead of spaces or returns. ie if i
>press retrun at the prompt four times I get:
>
>palpatine#
>         palpatine#
>                   palpatine#
>                             palpatine#

You'll probably see this same problem from any code that uses the old
4.3BSD terminal interface (struct sgttyb).

If you're running NetBSD 1.1 without patch001, either install patch001
or (preferably) install NetBSD 1.2.

You can also install XFree86 3.1.2G; xterm uses termios in XFree86
releases >= 3.1.2E.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>